[Backgroundrb-devel] Pool Size

Chris Bruce chris at rupture.com
Tue Jan 30 19:05:33 EST 2007

I am not sure how pool size works or if it applies to the following
situation:

I would like a pool of 10 worker processes that basically all do the
same thing (based on args i send).  I would like to be able to pass
args to the pool of workers and the next available one will handle
it.  If there happens to be 10 already processing, I would like the
request to be queued until a worker is available.

What is the best way to handle this?  The docs say do_work only gets
called on new_worker, and that I should call delete.  But won't this
in effect create a new process and delete the process?  How can I
call delete when I am not sure when the process will be done?

Thanks for any insight/feedback.

Chris