[Backgroundrb-devel] using file_column with backgrounDRb ?

matthibcn matthibcn at gmail.com
Tue Jan 30 15:56:55 EST 2007

Hi list,

I am quite new to baclgrounDRB, so far I just tested the samples, so far
it works fine, also I got it working the cronstyleway for testingpurposes.

Now I have seen ppl are using bDRb for fileupload, especially with the
file_column plugin.

Unfortunatly there are only a few tutorials out there, well, more
articles than tutorials in fact, and additionally the few I found are
all outdated so far.

I am still wondering about the concept in a whole and asking myself, how
do I shift now my working file_upload to the next step involving bgrDRb ?

As for now I am just using the file_column plugin the normal way and
have no clue where to start, what to pass to the worker, even what to
give the worker to do..etc

Well, you see, I am quite lost, so its also hard to be very specific
asking you...

Any hint would be very welcome, also I think I wont be the only one
interested in all that staff

best regards