[Backgroundrb-devel] Logging doesn't work

Rischbode, Horst Horst.Rischbode at t-systems.com
Tue Jan 30 07:26:23 EST 2007

Sorry for perhaps asking a Newbie-Question, but couldn't find any answer
elsewhere (and even not in the archieves...).

Trying to import files in my rails app using backgroundrb and trying to
examine the backgroundrb.log file. But it isn't updated. The pid-file is
updated to the correct value every time I start drb. I'm working on an
windows-machine (XP Prof).

This all has worked well on my W2k development system. The only
additional change was the update to rails 1.2.1.

Tried to set RAILS_ROOT in environment.rb manually. But that didn't work
as well (even after restart all).

This is the code for my worker:

class UpdateLogdbWorker < BackgrounDRb::Rails

   def do_work(args)
      @logger.info("Call successful")
	# do the import stuff

This is, what my call looks like:

MiddleMan.new_worker(:class => update_logdb_worker)

The call of the MiddleMan raises no errors, a job_key is given back.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Regards

Horst