[Backgroundrb-devel] Yet Another Problem with BackgroundRB

Mike Aizatsky mike.aizatsky at gmail.com
Mon Jan 22 11:04:42 EST 2007

Mason,

I've just had an idea and it turned out to be true in my situation. It
turned out, that after a while backgroundrb connects to my
_development_ database instead of production one. I'm invoking
backgroundrb with the following command:

script/backgroundrb start -- -r production

It looks like -r doesn't propagate nicely.

On 1/22/07, Mason Hale <masonhale at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Mike --
>
> Can you please provide a stack trace or error message?
>
> If you run the same worker over and over, can you recreate the problem?
> Or does this happen after no worker is run for some extended period of time?
> (I'm guessing
> here that the db connection might be timing out)
>
> Do you know if the problem is triggered by a certain number of innvocations,
> or is it a lack of activity, or neither?
>
> Mason
>

>  On 1/22/07, Mike Aizatsky <mike.aizatsky at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi!
> >
> > My cron-based worker is being indeed invoked by backgroundRB at
> > correct times. But... After several runs it can no longer find DB
> > columns! The same query, which was running OK an hour ago starts to
> > throw MySQL error about unkown column in where clause. If I restart
> > backgroundrb it works for some time but stops working after several
> > invocations.
> >
> > Has anyone epxerienced the similar beahviour? Are there any ideas of
> > what can be wrong? Any hints? Anything I can check?
> >
> > --
> > Regards,
> > Mike

Regards,