[Backgroundrb-devel] Yet Another Problem with BackgroundRB

Jacob Robbins jrobbins at cmj.com
Mon Jan 22 10:42:22 EST 2007

long running scripts lose connection to the mysql server if they don't
have any activity for a while. the connection library is supposed to
reconnect when this happens but in my experience it doesn't.

i'm not sure if this is the problem you're hitting, but if so, one
workaround is to have the script perform a simple query every 5 minutes.
this ensures that the mysql server never closes the connection due.