[Backgroundrb-devel] Instantiating middleman and worker from inside a model?

Tomasz Kaye tomasz at resourcestudio.nl
Mon Jan 15 10:32:42 EST 2007

In short: how (if possible) would i go about arranging it so that i
can instantiate a middleman and set a worker going from within a
method in one of my models? or is this a weird thing to be wanting to
do? (

My specific situation: I have an 'Image' model in my application. An
actual image file associated with the model is being stored on
amazons s3 system. I'd like to use a worker to handle each s3
operation (eg. deleting the image from s3). The Image model seems the
neatest place to set the worker going but I'm a little stumped as to
how i should modify my model to enable the instantiation of middleman
within it.

thanks in advance for any pointers!

(apologies in advance if this message gets posted twice; i think my
previous attempt didn't work)