[Backgroundrb-devel] Load balancing

Robert Bjarnason robert.bjarnason at gmail.com
Thu Jan 11 18:01:13 EST 2007

Hi Erik,

Thanks for the pointer, I have used JavaSpaces in the past and really
like this pattern.

However, my workers are user initiated and trigger x264 and mp4box video
encoding/editing processes and I'm planning to have a limit of 1-2
simulations backgroundrb processes running on each physical server.

I have an entry in the database for each user initiated job, maybe I can
add the IP of each backgroundrb server to that entry and do the
load-balancing in Rails using the database?  The question then is how do
I dynamically change the backgroundrb server IP for each instantiated
MiddleMan object?

Warm regards,
Robert Bjarnason

ps. here are links to the sites that are currently using
backgroundrb-2.1 more or less successfully in production mode: