[Backgroundrb-devel] Load balancing

Erik Morton eimorton at gmail.com
Thu Jan 11 17:20:36 EST 2007

We chose to bypass MiddleMan and place our requests for workers into
a queue. This way we can create an arbitrary number of workers that
loop and ask the queue for work. The Mongrels have no need to know
the location or number of workers. You will of course need another
strategy to get progress/results from the workers.