[Backgroundrb-devel] Backgroundrb weirdness with multiple mongrels

Jacob Atzen jacob at jacobatzen.dk
Wed Feb 28 04:34:14 EST 2007

On Tue, Jan 30, 2007 at 03:25:49PM +0100, Jacob Atzen wrote:
> Hi list,
> I'm having some issues getting backgroundrb to play nice with more than
> one mongrel. When I run my app on a single mongrel instance it works
> fine.
> I have two different problems show up in my backgrounrb_server.log. The
> top of the backtrace is shown here:

> As can be seen it seems to stem from a call to new_worker. Though the
> issue also seems to prop up when requesting an existing worker.
> Any ideas on where I should start to look?

A little update on this. It seems that I can instantiate as many workers
as I want from one process. But when I hit another process it will fail
within a few requests, something like:

If I only instantiate one worker and reuse it across requests there
seems to be no problem.

Am I the only one experiencing this?

- Jacob Atzen