[Backgroundrb-devel] backgroundrb 0.2.1 not supported on windows platform?

medha kulkarni medha_19 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 27 23:31:17 EST 2007

Hi all,

I want to execute certain ruby script periodically in
my rails application running on windows platform.
I wanted to try out backgroundrb, but it seems that
the support for Windows is deprecated with release
0.2.0 of BackgrounDRb.
The latest release is 0.2.1 & the plugin still doesnt
support windows platform. Can anyone throw more light
on this?

Also, can anyone suggest any alternative approach to
run ruby script periodically in rails application on
windows platform?

Thanks in advance!
With Best Regards,

Do you Yahoo!?