[Backgroundrb-devel] Hello world

Daniel Burkes dburkes at infoteria.com
Mon Feb 19 11:44:16 EST 2007

Hi-

Danny Burkes here from Lingr (http://www.lingr.com).  We're
evaluating bdrb and so far, so good.  It's deployed in staging now
and seems to be working fine.  I have a couple of questions that I
couldn't find references to in the archive, so here it goes-

1.  Is there any way to do a "graceful" stop of bdrb?  What I mean
is, I want to stop bdrb, but I want it to wait for all workers to
finish (both the ones that are currently running in the pool, plus
the ones that are queued).  That is, during the graceful shutdown
period, bdrb should not accept any new workers, but it should
complete all the currently-running and queued workers.

2.  We use nagios for monitoring- has anyone whipped up a check_bdrb
task for nagios?

Thanks and we're looking forward to joining the bdrb satisfied-user
community :-)

Best Regards,

Danny Burkes