[Backgroundrb-devel] cron like behaviour?

Ivor Paul ivorpaul at gmail.com
Wed Feb 14 11:06:12 EST 2007

Hi

I have previously used railscron for server-side manipulation of the
database but had a heap of trouble working with it.
BackgrounDRB was suggested to me by a friend.

I upload some files via acts_as_attachment and these go lie in a dir
structure that i desire. What I want from the background process is to
periodically (not user initiated) do some file-structure manipulation i.e. I
want to move some of the files into different directory structures/create
symlinks from different locations.

What bugs me is how I get a worker to do_some_work without a user event.

I will greatly appreciate some pointers.

Thanks a lot.
Ivor