[Backgroundrb-devel] logging problem in production

Bill Walton bill.walton at charter.net
Sun Feb 4 12:48:10 EST 2007

Hi Ezra,

Ezra Zygmuntowicz wrote:

> I'm not sure why it is writing to the development log instead of
> production. But know this, calls to ActiveRecord objects in a worker will
> still write their sql to the normal rails log.

I went to bed last night believing firmly that the problem I'm having lay
with my hosted environment and comitted fully to figuring out how to
conclusively demonstrate that to them.

I woke this morning with a plan, but also realizing that I'd missed an
important step in my debugging efforts so far.  Everything works fine on my
development box in development mode.  But I hadn't tested the behavior on my
development box in *production* mode.

There is definitely a problem with Backgroundrb in production mode.

I am seeing *exactly* the same behavior on my local machine that I'm seeing
on my hosted environment.  In development mode, everything gets written to
development.log.  In production mode, the web server logging goes to
production.log.  But the SQL logging, and not all of it, goes to the
development log.