[Backgroundrb-devel] A newbie question regarding BackgroundRb

मयंक जैन (makuchaku) maku at makuchaku.info
Sun Dec 30 06:40:52 EST 2007

Hi all,

I just read Ezra's article on BackgroundRb and decided to use it one
of my projects. I installed the plugin into my rails project using
script/plugin and then ran rake backgroundrb:setup to copy the yml
scripts.

Now my backgroundrb.yml looks like
=======
---
port: "22222"
timer_sleep: 60
load_rails: true
environment: development
host: localhost
database_yml: config/database.yml
acl:
  deny: all
  allow: localhost 127.0.0.1
  order: deny,allow

scheduled_task:
  :class: :tx_reaper_worker
  :worker_method: :do_work
  :trigger_args:
    :start: <%= Time.now %>
    :repeat_interval: <%= 1.second %
=======

TxReaperWorker is my class which I generated.

=======
class TxReaperWorker < BackgrounDRb::Rails
  def do_work(args)
    puts "Hello BackgroundRb"
=======

I started my rails app using
rake backgroundrb:start
script/server

However, I am unable to view the output of "puts" anywhere. I can
connect successfully to localhost:22222 but cannot see anything
happening. Neither anything shown up on the app's output, nor on the
log/backgroundrb.log file.
However, the logfile does shows that "Log file created...".

Am I missing any step? Doing anything wrong?

Thanks in advance :)

--
Maku
http://www.makuchaku.info/blog