[Backgroundrb-devel] lost connection 2.0

Joost Hietbrink (YelloYello) joost at yelloyello.com
Fri Dec 28 06:55:18 EST 2007

The rails_model_worker.rb contains a module that fetches an object from
the database.
We pass parameters to the worker (like classname & id (eg. Place and
12312)) and fetch the object again in the worker (using this module method).

The lost connection occurs when we try to fetch the object (record)
again (in the worker..using the included module method).

The old BackgroundRb did not support sending ActiveRecord objects to the
worker (thats why we refetch it)..does the new version??

We now also installed libmysql-ruby1.8 (see:
so maybe this fixes the problem..but we have to wait some time to see.. :)