[Backgroundrb-devel] Implementation details for worker Queue

Jim Scott jim.scott at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 22 11:10:44 EST 2007

Hemant -

Strangely enough, you have exactly described how we use backgroundrb.  We
queue jobs to a table, and BackgroundRb processes them.  We have specialized
workers for each row type.  When we have higher volumes of work, we use Xen
virtualization to stand up new utility servers that process queued jobs.

We can scale this solution horizontally, much in the same we that we scale
application servers.

I for one vote YES.

Jim Scott
Plan Source