[Backgroundrb-devel] what happened to get_worker?

Kevin W. English kenglish at camberhawaii.org
Fri Dec 21 14:51:27 EST 2007

Hello, I recently upgraded to the new backgroundrb. I noticed that the
"get_worker" method is gone. I am trying to create multiple instances of
the same worker and retrieve the status of them using the job key:

To create the worker, I do:

   @worker =  MiddleMan.new_worker(:worker => :bar_worker,
         :worker_method => :echo_value,
         :job_key => @job_key,
         :data => {:param1 => 'val1',:param2 => 'val2'  })

To retrieve the worker, I have tried:

    @worker = MiddleMan.ask_status(:worker => :bar_worker, :job_key =>
@job_key)

but it does not work. I used to be able to do this with get_worker. Can
someone explain how to use this feature with the new version?

Kevin English