[Backgroundrb-devel] Using my models

hemant gethemant at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 14:39:02 EST 2007

On Dec 22, 2007 12:24 AM, Jason LaPier <jason.lapier at gmail.com> wrote:
> According to hemant, those "some read errors" are in there for
> debugging and not actually a fatal error; they just represent
> opening/closing connection between rails and the worker:
> http://rubyforge.org/pipermail/backgroundrb-devel/2007-December/001169.html

Yes, don't worry about the log message. It has been removed from trunk anyways.

Also, if you sync with trunk you now have the capability to pass model
objects directly to BackgrounDRb workers.

Its still not advisable, since model objects are generally complex
objects and they contain class hierarchies, and marhalling them across
wire and
constructing them back at other end is tricky business. But you have
the capability so use with care, only pass simple models around if you

There are other important fixes as well, so upgrade now.