[Backgroundrb-devel] Backgroundrb crash calling ask_status when worker not running

hemant gethemant at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 02:04:42 EST 2007

On Dec 19, 2007 12:28 AM, Rob Nielsen <rob at iotum.com> wrote:

> When I call ask_status on a worker that has not been started I get and
> exception of type BackgrounDRb::BdrbConnError, which is fine. I can deal
> with that, but I also find that the backgroundrb process dies as well.
>

> The scenario is simple: Call ask_status on a worker that is not auto loaded.
> I used a job_key, in case that makes a difference.

I did test again and again, and didn't get any crash Rob. So, if can
send us the worker code and the code using which you are accessing it
from rails, we would be glad to help.

Also, if possible, try to capture the exception, when this happens,
there should be something logged in
RAILS_ROOT/log/backgroundrb_debug.log or
RAILS_ROOT/backgroundrb_server.log or RAILS_ROOT/backgroundrb.log .

If they do not indicate any exception, then run bdrb in foreground mode, using:

#backgroundrb.yml
 :backgroundrb:
    :log: foreground

and start backgroundrb server like this: ./script/backgroundrb

It should print any unhandled exception.

http://gnufied.org