[Backgroundrb-devel] where does process status get stored?

Reynard reynard.list at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 15:21:00 EST 2007

I'm  just curious where does the process status get stored? Is it in the
backgroundrb process, or some external storage?
The reason I'm asking is because I have been doing stress testing by
creating thousands of workers (with uniq job_key), each does register_status
and exit after it's done.
I have been monitoring the memory usage of the backgroundrb server. At first
the memory usage increases to a certain extent and then seems to stop
increasing, although it seems that I still can access the status of all
workers.

Which makes me wonder if there is some kind of garbage collection on the
status?

Since I'm planning to use this for external authentication, it's possible
that we create thoudsands of process in a day.  After the user is
authenticated there is no need to keep the status around for a long time. so
I'm just concern about the memory usage or storage for this old worker
status. I don't want to have to restart backgroundrb regularly.

any thought?

-reynard