[Backgroundrb-devel] Get "some read error" on calls to worker

Rob Nielsen rob at iotum.com
Mon Dec 17 12:34:13 EST 2007

-----Original Message-----
From: hemant kumar [mailto:gethemant at gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, December 17, 2007 12:14 PM
To: Rob Nielsen
Cc: backgroundrb-devel at rubyforge.org
Subject: Re: [Backgroundrb-devel] Get "some read error" on calls to
worker

Hi Rob,

[SNIP]

Ok so, create method is getting invoked when you invoke:

MiddleMan.new_worker(...)

right?

Now, next i see an "exit!" statement there, which basically asks the
worker to quit. Now when a worker quits, master process gets an error
when reading from that socket, so thats why you are getting "some read
error" message. But as far as I can see, create method is getting called
alright. Correct me, If i am wrong.

----

Yes it gets called once. Subsequent calls fail for some reason. If I
take out the job_key, then I can call it again.