[Backgroundrb-devel] Get "some read error" on calls to worker

Rob Nielsen rob at iotum.com
Mon Dec 17 11:47:08 EST 2007

I'm running the latest from svn (rev 285). I've been having a problem
launching a process repeatedly. What happens is that I get a debug
message "some read error" and then the worker refuses to run again.

I've stripped my worker down to just doing a puts and it still happens.
Like the other threads I want to launch my workers as needed, however I
get the same behavior whether use the auto_load and ask_work or use
new_worker with no_auto_load.  If I remove the job_key I can get it to
work, but I still get the "Some read error" message. I need the job to
keep one worker per id. I'd rather have separate processes than go the
thread route - for now.

class UpdateFacebookAccountInfoWorker < BackgrounDRb::MetaWorker

  set_worker_name :update_facebook_account_info_worker

  set_no_auto_load true

  require "facebook_rails_controller_extensions"

  include RFacebook

  require 'activemessaging/processor'

  include ActiveMessaging::MessageSender

  def create(args)

    puts "create=>"+ args.inspect

    exit!

and the call...

      MiddleMan.new_worker(

        :worker => :update_facebook_account_info_worker,

        :job_key => @some.id, # Only run one worker per id

        :data => {

          :session_key => @session_key,

          :requesting_fb_id => @organizer.facebook_id,