[Backgroundrb-devel] Multiple copies of same worker

Danila Ulyanov du at bestwaytech.com
Mon Dec 17 09:40:07 EST 2007

I remember there was a thread sometime last month about multiple copies
of the same worker. Is that still impossible to do?

What I am trying to accomplish is to limit number of concurrent
connections for a lengthy search. I used to put search requests in a
queue, then as slots freed up, they spawned off a new copy of the
"search worker" which killed itself upon completion. That way no more
than 8 searches were conducted at the same time.

Will it be possible to do this in the new version or is there an
alternative solution to this problem?