[Backgroundrb-devel] Logging & Threading

Josh Symonds veraticus at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 11:42:02 EST 2007

Hey again,

After playing with BackgrounDRb a bit longer, I have two more issues I'd
like to bring up with it.

1. Logging... it seems like even when the environment is set to production
in both Mongrel and the backgroundrb.yml file, all ActiveRecord SQL
statements are written to the development log. If you're doing a lot of
ActiveRecord stuff in your workers, then the development log can get
extremely large. I'm not sure why this is happening -- is this a bug in
BackgrounDRb, or maybe something I misconfigured in Rails? It doesn't do
this at any other times though.

2. Threads. Hemant, you said you were going to change how BackgrounDRb
handles threads. But what do we do for now if we want a worker to do a
process without blocking? I try using threads for this and get constant
errors in the server until it finally crashes.

Thanks,

Josh