[Backgroundrb-devel] BDRB, new version questions

hemant kumar gethemant at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 13:11:30 EST 2007

On Wed, 2007-12-12 at 20:07 +0300, Ivan S. Manida wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we are trying to use BDRB for background processing of long-running
> reports, and have two issues - one is that worker does not see our
> Report class from Rails, throws a:
>
> /var/apps/ror_trunk/vendor/plugins/backgroundrb/server/master_worker.rb:22:in
> `load': undefined class/module Report (ArgumentError)
>         from
> /var/apps/ror_trunk/vendor/plugins/backgroundrb/server/master_worker.rb:22:in
> `receive_data'
>
> And the other is - does this new release work on Windows which some
> of our developers use? I know that last releases did not work
> because of fork() issues, but the new rewrite has a new networking
> model, so do you think it might work with some workarounds?

No, It won't work on Windows still, because of process creation model.
Although, one can probably fix it with Win32 emulation API.

Where is this Report class defined? is it a model or loaded from
plugins? any code that you are using would be helpful.

Technically however, you can put a explicit require of file that defines
the class and see if it works.

http://gnufied.org