[Backgroundrb-devel] BDRB, new version questions

Ivan S. Manida Ivan.Manida at Sun.COM
Wed Dec 12 12:07:05 EST 2007

Hi,

we are trying to use BDRB for background processing of long-running
reports, and have two issues - one is that worker does not see our
Report class from Rails, throws a:

/var/apps/ror_trunk/vendor/plugins/backgroundrb/server/master_worker.rb:22:in
`load': undefined class/module Report (ArgumentError)
        from
/var/apps/ror_trunk/vendor/plugins/backgroundrb/server/master_worker.rb:22:in
`receive_data'

And the other is - does this new release work on Windows which some
of our developers use? I know that last releases did not work
because of fork() issues, but the new rewrite has a new networking
model, so do you think it might work with some workarounds?

thanks for your help!