[Backgroundrb-devel] Multiple Worker Methods on Different Schedules

hemant kumar gethemant at gmail.com
Sun Dec 9 01:25:13 EST 2007

On Sat, 2007-12-08 at 15:13 -0800, Andy Tyra wrote:
> Quick question:  If I want to schedule different worker methods
> defined in the same worker to trigger at different times, is this
> possible?  Would the following scheduler yaml work?
>
> :schedules:
>   :foo_worker:
>     :worker_method: method1
>     :trigger_args: 0 */10 * * * * *
>     :job_key: some_key_1
>   :foo_worker:
>     :worker_method: method2
>     :trigger_args: 0 */15 * * * * *
>     :job_key: some_key_2
>

> Would this work?  Is there some other way to do it?  Would the second
> method need to be pulled into a separate worker?

Currently you can't do that. But its a nice to have this. I would like
to have something like this:

:schedules:
  :foo_worker:
    :foobar:
      :trigger_args: */5 * * * * * *
      :data: hello_world
    :barbar:
      :trigger_args: */10 * * * * * *
      :data: Bar_World

Can be easily implemented, but again, we will have to change format of
backgroundrb.yml because of this. Is this ok?