[Backgroundrb-devel] Another fix release for backgroundrb rc2
gethemant at gmail.com
Sat Dec 8 14:21:09 EST 2007
Thank you for feedback and error reports.
I have fixed most of the errors that were reported and were valid.
I have also removed some cruft that was way too clunky.
Here is a brief summary of changes :
- Now, you don't define method process_request method in your worker.
Its no longer required. Whatever methods, you want to call from
rails should be directly defined in your worker and you are good to
go. Thus, please remove process_request method that was created
by worker generator.
- Worker generator has been updated to take care of case #1.
- Some issues were found with bin_parser class and they are fixed now.
- In most of the cases, now a invalid object dump won't result in
worker crash and you should be moving happily even after that. But
keep an eye on your log file.
- Introduced a :log: foreground option for debugging purpose.
- Get it from here :
- Please remove script/backgroundrb and update your config file.
And then run rake backgroundrb:setup
Also, make sure to read the README file available at
http://backgroundrb.rubyforge.org/ . I have updated the documenation
according to fixes and changes.
Again, thank you all for bug reports and feedbacks.
PS: thanks Andy and Kevin and please check if this new version is
working for you.
More information about the Backgroundrb-devel