[Backgroundrb-devel] Working in linux, scheduler working mac 10.4, triggers don't work

Kevin Russell russellkt at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 17:11:10 EST 2007

Thanks so much for backgroundrb, it's nice to be able to keep the moving
parts to a minimum.  I'm noting  some odd behavior on ruby 1.8.5, rails
1.2.5, backroundrb trunk on a macbook.  When scheduling a task everything
works perfectly, but triggers are not calling the methods, only blocking the
background drb instance.  Logs show no errors.  Even more interesting is the
fact that everything works fine on linux.

Out of curiosity, I ran wireshark and think I've found the problem,
truncated data.  Here's what was sent:
000000073..{.:.worker_method:.load_policies:.worker:.renewal_worker:.type:.do_wor
which would explain why everything is blocked.

Has anyone seen this behavior or have any thoughts on what is happening?

Thanks,
Kevin