[Backgroundrb-devel] BackgrounDRb 1.0 RC2 released

hemant gethemant at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 00:00:15 EST 2007

Hi Folks,

Thanks for your patience, new release of BackgrounDRb is available
now. You can get it from  here:

http://svn.devjavu.com/backgroundrb/trunk/

Yes, older version is deprecated and not supported anymore. A brief
list of changes since last release is:

1. Now, each worker has logger objects, which can  be used to log stuff.
2. A worker can be started or scheduled dynamically.
3. Multiple copies of same worker can be started using different job_keys.
4. You can query status of all workers in oneshot.

Detailed information about various changes that has gone in place is
available from here:

http://backgroundrb.rubyforge.org/

Give it a spin and see how it turns out. Post all your problems here,
I would be happy to have a look.
If someone can lend me a hand, then we can port it to framework
agnostic as well, so as it can run in a standalone
manner, or with merb.

http://gnufied.org