[Backgroundrb-devel] stability of scheduler

Ivo Dancet caifara.subscribe at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 15:19:14 EST 2007

Hi

I'm experiencing some stability problems in BackgroundRB with
scheduling. I have some long running tasks that start up on client
request. The app then schedules BackgroundRB to start working at 1AM.
We noticed the task sometimes just didn't start. No error, no log,
nothing. I also find it annoying that I can't query the scheduler, so
I find it really hard to debug problems like this.

So I'm posing myself the question if it wouldn't be better to just use
a small cron at 1AM that starts up requests that are for example being
logged in the db. Is the backgroundrb scheduler fit for the job, am I
doing something wrong, is the new version (1.0RC1) ten times more
stable?

Thanks
-c