[Backgroundrb-devel] stability of using scheduled workers

simon.wilkinson at 434wireless.com simon.wilkinson at 434wireless.com
Wed Aug 1 09:34:09 EDT 2007

Hi,

Going through the archive, and just keeping a general watch on this list seems to indicate that there are some issues using scheduling with backgroundrb.  I need a worker that will perform some actions on an hourly interval.  These actions will require access to several of the models in my application.  I am currently using backgroundrb to handle processing of files, where I spawn a worker to handle each file, and then destroy them afterwards.  This is working great, and I would like to use backgroundrb for this scheduled action, but I need it to be reliable.

What is the general feeling among those that are using it for this type of application?  Does it reliably continue to fire at the proper intervals?

Thanks,

Simon