[Backgroundrb-devel] Data changes in backgroundrb task don't show up in Rails

Phlip phlip2005 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 14:19:23 EDT 2007

BackgrounDRbers:

We pass a data batch to a background task for processing. When it
finishes, our GUI updates correctly (using the results hash). But the
data records don't appear in the Rails connection to the database.

Our stack is the HEAD BackgrounDRb, Rails 1.1.6, MySQL, and Apache/mongrel.

As soon as I whack the background process with script/backgroundrb
stop, the data records show up. This implies that a database
connection somehow buffered them.

The task worker uses a Record.transaction block once per record, and
the entire system was working back when we use BackgrounDRb Classic.

--
  Phlip
  http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?ZeekLand  <-- NOT a blog!!