[Backgroundrb-devel] Connection to backgroundrb is lost when exiting action method

Omer Enbar omer at bitwine.com
Sat Sep 23 14:03:26 EDT 2006

I have a very annoying problem, and was wondering what is wrong.
Suppose I have backgroundrb running, and then I have an action in some
controller. In the action I define a worker. When leaving the action,
suddenly the connection to backgroundrb is lost:
DRb URI: druby://localhost:22222
Pid: 3976
druby://localhost:42531 - #<Errno::EBADF: Bad file descriptor - connect(2)>
druby://localhost:42531 - #<Errno::EBADF: Bad file descriptor - connect(2)>

When I'm still in the action, for instance using 'sleep 10'. As long
I'm inside the action, there's no problem with the worker.

Why is that?
Why would the connection to the worker be lost?