[Backgroundrb-devel] Passing blocks to a worker

Joshua Bates joshuabates at gmail.com
Fri Sep 8 16:36:10 EDT 2006

I'm trying to implement a callback system between my controller, and a
worker.
The goal being that I could send to the client via Juggernaut when an action
takes
place in the worker. Something like this.

worker.subscribe :action do
  render :update, :juggernaut => "channel" do |page|

There seems to be a couple problems with doing this.
First off, the binding of the block that gets sent from the controller is no
longer
around by the time the block is called from the worker. I could get around
that one,
but I'm not able to get a block to run even when trying to call it with
instance_eval.

Is anything like this doable, or am I just barking up the wrong tree?

joshua