[Backgroundrb-devel] File processing implementation question

Chris Roos chrisjroos at gmail.com
Tue Sep 5 10:26:35 EDT 2006

Hi,

I'm wanting to upload a text file to the server that is processed from
a backgroundrb worker.

I currently have it working but I'm wondering if there are any
recommended approaches for this kind of work?

My approach is currently to write the uploaded file to a known place
on disk.  I pass the filename to my worker which then reads, processes
and deletes the file.  Are there any improvements I can make to this?

Thanks in advance,

Chris