[Backgroundrb-devel] Unable to start with Capistrano...

Eden Li eden.li at gmail.com
Fri Sep 1 02:40:50 EDT 2006

I'm having the same issue.

My recipe in config/deploy.rb looks like this:

desc "Start backgroundrb"
task :backgroundrb_start, :roles => :app do
  run "cd #{current_path} && sudo rake backgroundrb:start RAILS_ENV=production"

(dev machine)
$ cap backgroundrb_start
[ ... command finishes without error ...]

$ ps auxww | grep backgroundrb
[... nothing ...]

When I run

$ cd /path/to/current && sudo rake backgroundrb:start RAILS_ENV=production

directly on my server, backgroundrb starts up perfectly, but whenever
run this task remotely, backgroundrb never comes up.

Anyone know what's going on?