[Backgroundrb-devel] [ANN] BackgrounDRb 0.2.0 Release! Complete rewrite.

Ezra Zygmuntowicz ezmobius at gmail.com
Mon Oct 30 15:01:17 EST 2006

On Oct 30, 2006, at 11:46 AM, Bob Hutchison wrote:

> Hi,
> On 29-Oct-06, at 8:40 PM, Ezra Zygmuntowicz wrote:
>> 	I am really happy to announce the release of BackgrounDRb 0.2.0 .
> This is good news.
> Say you were running a few background processes and someone or
> something killed your main process. Is there any way of knowing
> which processes died because of heart failure when the server is
> restarted?
> Cheers,
> Bob

Hey bob-

	Thats a good question. The current answer is no, if the middleman
server gets killed, all workers will get killed as well. But looking
to the future we will try to have a way to have dual middlemen so
they can watch each other and bring the other one up if it dies. And
maybe a way to serialize the current jobs to disk like journalling so
if things crash they could be restored easily. Please do give me your
thoughts on this. We are going to be working on this thing to make it
awesome by 0.3.0 so if there are things you want to see then speak up.

-- Ezra Zygmuntowicz
-- Lead Rails Evangelist
-- ez at engineyard.com
-- Engine Yard, Serious Rails Hosting