[Backgroundrb-devel] double runs from repeat_every

Joshua Warchol joshua at zaadz.com
Fri Oct 27 16:15:15 EDT 2006

I'm just starting out with BackgrounDRB and I'm pretty excited. I know
there's some development going on, but would patches against the
released code be welcome? Nothing profound, just some documentation errors.

Now for the real reason I'm writing. I'm testing the new(ish)
repeat_every code and it appears to be having a problem.

I've got a very, very simple worker. The do_work method just logs the
current time, job key and process ID. It's started from an autostart
configuration in backgroundrb.yml.  Most of the time it seems to work
just fine. If I say repeat_every 1.minute, it logs every minute. But
somewhat often it double logs, indicating the do_work call was hit twice.

I've tried this with a variety of repeat_every & timer_sleep values. I
imagine the start_timer loop is somehow calling start_process on this
same job more than once. Not sure how that could happen, from my read of
the code.

Anyone else seen this before? What evidence can I provide to help figure
this out?

Josh

--
Joshua Warchol