[Backgroundrb-devel] deployment issues?

Michael D'Auria michael.dauria at gmail.com
Wed Oct 25 10:54:52 EDT 2006

BackgrounDRb is a plugin, which means it is specific to your app whereas a
gem is a globally available piece of software.  The best gem example i can
give is mongrel, you install it once and use it with all your apps.

This means that you will have to install the plugin yourself, what is your
dev environment?  If you develop on your local machine, which you should be,
then you can just issue "script/plugin install
svn://rubyforge.org//var/svn/backgroundrb"  All on one line of course.  You
can follow the rest of the installation directions here:
http://backgroundrb.rubyforge.org/.  Once it is installed locally and
working locally, you can just simply upload your project to your hosting
provider.

.: Michael :.