[Backgroundrb-devel] deployment issues?

Bill Walton bill.walton at charter.net
Wed Oct 25 07:09:17 EDT 2006

I sent the tech support folks at my host the following question:

I need to get the BackgrounDRb plugin ( http://rubyforge.org/projects/backgroundrb/ ) installed for my app. Is that something I get you to do? Or is it something I need to do myself?

To which they replied:

If this is a simple gem install we can do that. Please provide the exact name of the gem used in the 'gem install' command. Thanks.

How should I respond?  Is there a difference between a gem and a plugin?  Is this something I can / should do myself on a shared hosting platform?