[Backgroundrb-devel] can a worker commit suicide?

Bill Walton bill.walton at charter.net
Mon Oct 23 16:19:47 EDT 2006

Hi Eden,

Eden Li wrote:

> ... you can specify a :ttl(time to live) in seconds and your worker will
> get killed after those seconds run out.

I'm using BackgrounDRb to monitor session activity and deleting user entered
data in the database when their session times out.  Every time they do
something, their time-til-timeout gets reset.  There's no notion of a max
time.  As long as they keep using the app, their session stays alive.

I was wondering if there's a way, inside the worker, to do the equivalent
of:
MiddleMan.delete_worker(session[:job_key])

Thanks,
Bill