[Backgroundrb-devel] can a worker commit suicide?

Eden Li eden.li at gmail.com
Mon Oct 23 15:48:18 EDT 2006

You can specify a time to live in the args to MiddleMan.new_worker.

>From the README http://backgroundrb.rubyforge.org/:
... you can specify a :ttl(time to live) in seconds and your worker
will get killed after
those seconds run out. The following will start a FooWorker class
with a text argument of "Bar" and a time to live of 5 minutes

session[:job_key] = MiddleMan.new_worker(:class => :foo_worker,
                                        :args => "Bar",
                                        :ttl => 300)