[Backgroundrb-devel] RESOLVED: Session access interfers with other model access

Bill Walton bill.walton at charter.net
Thu Oct 19 13:09:02 EDT 2006

Hi Ezra,

Ezra Zygmuntowicz wrote:

> When you call the middleman from a rails action without doing the
> session.update, the session record is still in memory and not written to
> the db yet.  update makes it write out the session into the db.

That's not what it looks like.  What I mean is that I can _see_ the record
in the database via MySQL-Front before the find is attempted.  Unless I very
much misunderstand the way MySQL-Front works, the record has, in fact,
already been written to the db.  Rails (or BackgrounDRb) just can't retrieve
it for some reason.

> Glad you got it working.

Thanks!  I just wish I understood _why_ it's working.

Best regards,
Bill