[Backgroundrb-devel] RESOLVED: Session access interfers with other model access

Bill Walton bill.walton at charter.net
Thu Oct 19 09:19:37 EDT 2006

Bill Walton wrote:

> If I start a new browser (i.e., a new session) and
> point it to the app, the find in the worker fails and
> so the delete of the session record fails. Problem is,
> I can see the record (via MySQL-Front) in the table
> prior to the worker attempt to find it.  Why does the
> find fail?

I still do not understand why I can see the record in the table via
MySQL-Front but Rails / BackgrounDRb cannot find it, but I figured out how
to fix the problem.

Doing a session.update in the controller prior to the Middleman call somehow
puts the record in a state where the find in the worker on the sessid field
succeeds.

Hope this helps someone in the future.  If anybody can explain what's going
on with the session I'd be very interested to learn.

Best regards,
Bill