[Backgroundrb-devel] Passing object into results - "can't convert DRb::DRbUnknown into Hash - (TypeError)"

David Lee davidjy.lee at gmail.com
Mon Nov 20 16:06:01 EST 2006

Hi,

I'm using backgroundrb to get RSS feeds and pass them back to the
controller. I'm using the Ruby RSS library to parse the feed, which returns
an RSS object. After that I pass the object into the results hash, but
that's when this error occurs. Basically, this is what I have:

rss = RSS::Parser.parse(response.body)
results[:feed] = rss  # error!

20061120-15:46:19 (16250)
(drbunix:///tmp/backgroundrb.16249/backgroundrb_results_0)
/Users/guest/workspace/project_nano/vendor/plugins/backgroundrb/server/lib/backgroundrb/worker.rb:101:in
`merge!'
20061120-15:46:19 (16250)
(drbunix:///tmp/backgroundrb.16249/backgroundrb_results_0)
/Users/guest/workspace/project_nano/vendor/plugins/backgroundrb/server/lib/backgroundrb/worker.rb:101:in
`set_result'

Any ideas?

Thank you,
David