[Backgroundrb-devel] test unit approach?

skaar skaar at waste.org
Thu Nov 16 09:38:13 EST 2006

* cremes.devlist at mac.com (cremes.devlist at mac.com) [061116 08:10]:
> I'm just getting back to looking at backgroundrb after a long hiatus
> since June. I'm looking at creating some workers but I'm a bit stuck
> as to how I should write tests for them. What's the recommended
> approach for unit testing of workers?

We have at this point not worked out how unittest/specs are going to
work. At this point we've even disabled the unit test output in the
worker generator for 0.2.1.

There is two approaches: 1) fire up a backgroundrb server and run worker
unittest against that, 2) mock the server side middleman and just test
the logic of the worker class. We'll probably end up with a combination
of this. It is of course up for grabs if someone feel like spending time
on it :)

/skaar