[Backgroundrb-devel] Making it work under JRuby

Kimmo Lehto kimmo.lehto at gmail.com
Thu Nov 9 03:38:28 EST 2006

I've been having problems starting the daemon under JRuby, has anyone
else tried this?

What I'm trying to accomplish is running Rails on regular ruby and
BackgroundRB on
JRuby. I'm working on a project that requires me to use a java-api to
communicate with
a service and it should work so that when a user logs on to the rails
app, it actually
authenticates through the java-api and the returned session object
should stay alive
while the user's browsing session stays alive and that is where
BackgroundRB fits in.

Suggestions for alternative approaches also appreciated.