[Backgroundrb-devel] New Backgroundrb Speed Issues?

Thorsten von Eicken tve at voneicken.com
Tue Nov 7 21:05:21 EST 2006

Well, it forks a new process for every worker, instead of just spawning
a thread. That's not free, and the overall impact depends on how long
your workers run.
On the positive side, you can launch a "persistent" worker, and then
start threads inside that worker from MiddleMan. So for short workers
you can emulate the old behavior, and presumably performance. (Well,
there's an additional IPC there.)