[Backgroundrb-devel] start a worker when bdrb starts

hemant gethemant at gmail.com
Mon Nov 6 22:40:46 EST 2006

I am sure..again I am missing something, but I am trying to start a
worker, when backgroundrb starts and it doesn't seem to work.

Here is my config/backgroundrb_schedules.yml file:

  class: feed_worker
  job_key: feed_worker_key
  worker_method: do_work
    repeat_interval: 20.minutes

I even tried this from Rails controller:

#   def start_feed_worker
#     begin
#       MiddleMan.schedule_worker(:class => :feed_worker,
#                                 :args => "foobar",
#                                 :job_key => :feed_worker_key,
#                                 :trigger_args => {
#                                   :repeat_interval => 30.minutes

#     rescue
#       logger.info "Failed to start feed worker"
#     end

#   end

doesn't seem to work again...

Any ideas folks?

There was only one Road; that it was like a great river: its springs
were at every doorstep, and every path was its tributary.